For the Women’s Wellness Month, Jeunesse Anion Sanitary Napkins and Liners shares these precious tips inspired by the country’s most admired women triathlete group Team David Salon. Whether you’re a fitness fanatic, laidback athlete, or simply aim to work out for wellness, here are their six secret habits guaranteed to rekindle your motivation and help you be that person.
- They get quality sleep. Good, quality sleep and its countless health benefits are often taken for granted, and we couldn’t agree more. “When we’re sleep deprived, our body gets stressed out and the level of stress hormone cortisol shoots up that leads to weight gain,” confirms Philippine-US registered dietitian-nutritionist Cheshire Que, RND, RN, RDN.
- They don’t sweat the small stuff. Joyful and vibrant women keep the happy vibe alive by making sure every interaction they have is sincerely friendly. It also helps she don’t freak out on tensed situations and let stress show on her face, so she looks more calm, relaxed, and pleasing.
- They exercise. In the case of the Philippines’ first female multi-sport team David Salon, they believe in the power of living an active lifestyle simply because this sacred ritual keeps their sanity and wellness in check. “There’s actually no excuse not to exercise because you owe to yourself and loved ones to be healthy and strong so you’re up for any challenge or opportunity that comes your way,” says tri-athlete and human resources practitioner for Hewlett Packard Philippines Nina Dacanay.
- They cook healthy food and bring packed meals whether at work or play. Some things are better done homemade and any meal that comes from their own kitchen keeps them sharp, fueled, and satisfied with life.
- They have hobbies and not afraid to try new things. Just like with Team David Salon, the spirit of love and support runs deep in the group that makes work-life balance perpetually possible. “We’re not only teammates, we consider each other as sisters beyond the podium or finish line that helps us to keep up with every area of our life. Plus, we recognize each other’s needs and objectives on a particular season whether it’s training for an Iron Man triathlon, mountain running, or perhaps caring for a newborn child. Whatever it is, we make sure no one is running herself into the ground to get things done,” affirms Nina.
- They take care of themselves. This means they don’t put off their regular annual checkup schedule, very much aware of the importance of stress management, and yes, even their visit to the OB-GYN. For Jeunesse Anion napkins and liners’ OB-GYN Doctor Faith Suluen, her advice is: “Never ignore symptoms of vaginal discharge/bleeding, itchiness, odor, abdominal pain, urinary, and bowel changes that can save every woman from bigger health problems.”