By MB Online
2017 will be an eventful year for Singapore as the Lion City welcomes the year of the fire rooster with a series of big events.
Big names in the music industry will perform at the Singapore Sports Hub:
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Metallica—January 22
- British rock ban Coldplay—March 31 and April 1
- Grammy-winning English singer and songwriter Sting—May 28
For the love month, rock bands will serenade their fans:
- Bring Me the Horizon—February 2, D’Marquee
- Journey—February 10, The Star Theatre
- Yellowcard—February 12, The Coliseum
Singapore will also host Asia’s largest celebration of cocktails from March 16–21, followed by the country’s unique exotic food festival called Eat the World Singapore on March 23–26.
The gastronomic experience in Singapore will continue with the World Gourmet Summit from March 20–April 16 and Michelin Guide Street Food Event from April 14–15.
The first half of the year would be the perfect time for shopaholics to visit Singapore as it holds the first-ever Road Style Festival from March 10 to April 8 on Orchard Road, the city’s most famous shopping street.
Come October, the Little Red Dot will transform into a sparkling fashion city with two marquee events:
- Singapore Jewel Fest 2017 in Ngee Ann City
- Singapore Fashion Week 2017 at the National Gallery Singapore