Rice Pinas, a non-partisan, non-profit volunteer group that serves as a bridge for local rice farmers to sell rice directly to consumers in the metro, recently announced they will be having Nueva Ecija farmers over to Manila.
The company announced that Nueva Ecija farmers will be offering their rice products this Saturday, Oct. 12, as they move to various locations namely, at Salcedo Market Makati in the morning, at Mercato Arcovia in Pasig by 4 p.m., and finally at Mercato BGC by 6 p.m. All proceeds go straight to farmers.
The post says, “Sila mismo ang mag-aabot sa atin ng itinanim at inani nilang palay, at ang bayad na iaabot natin sa kanila, derechong mapupunta sa kanila at ng kanilang pamilya. (They [the farmers] will directly supply the rice that they planted and harvested, and the payments will go straight to them and their families.)”
Walk-ins are allowed as there are enough supply of five, 10, and 15 kilogram sacks for everyone. Each sells for ₱250, ₱500, and ₱1125 respectively.
They do, however, recommend pre-ordering through Uproot Urban Farms via this order form: https://bit.ly/322dpN1
Here’s How to order:
- Fill up Uproot’s online for at https://bit.ly/322dpN1
- Pick your orders
- Choose a payment method
- Choose your designated pick up point
- Salcedo Market , Makati (Saturdays 7am-2pm)
- Valley Golf, Antipolo (Daily 9-5pm)
- Mercato Arcovia, Pasig (Saturdays 4-8pm)
- Mercato BGC (Saturdays 6-10pm)
- If for delivery , wait for our text & email regarding delivery charges
- Pay via BPI Online or G Cash (Deadline for Saturday delivery is Saturday 12nn)
- Send your proof of payment at [email protected]
- Once your payment has been confirmed, wait for delivery instructions.
- UpRoot Urban Farms Delivery Hub is in Antipolo
Rice Pinas volunteers connect the farmers to consumers online and onground through farm to table platforms (such as Uproot) and Pop Up Market Venues.
The organization’s goal is to assist the farmers in a hand-holding phase until they are able to sell on their own. #forthefarmers